It gives the best taste when the proportions of lemon and salt is correctly matched . Amma used to make it for me when i am not intrested in eat anything or when i feel little tired ..Believe me, this gives you a lot of energy and helps to refresh in a few mins. Lemon is a rich supplement of Energy, vitamin c which helps to protect the body from oxidative stress .This the reason why u feel refreshed after eating this..Lets see how to make this ..
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Lemon : 1 small
- Mustard : 1 tblspn
- Cumin : 1 tblspn
- Urad dal : 1 tblspn
- Chana dal : 1 tblspn
- Ground nuts : 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts : 10
- Dried red chillies : 2
- Green chillies : 3 (split length-wise)
- Rice : 3 cups (cooked)
- Salt : as required
- Oil : 2 tblspn
- Turmeric : a big pinch
- Asefoetida : a pinch
- Curry leaves : 10
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard , cumin , let them splitter.
- Add asefoetida ,turmeric , urad dal , chana dal ,red chillies , split green chillies , ground nuts , cashew nuts and fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and give a quick stir and turn off the stove.
- Add all the seasonings ,salt , to the cooked rice and squeeze the lemon juice over the rice.
- Mix it well properly with your hand to coat each grain of the rice with lemon juice.
- Serve with papad or any stir fry.
- You can add fresh grated coconut and shredded ginger based on your taste to give you a different flavor and taste.
- Add or reduce the quantity of the lemon juice according to your taste.
- Rice should be at room temperature when mixing the mixture.
- Lemons should be in room temperature before squeezing . It help to extract the juice easily.
- Heating briefly in a microwave helps to extract the juice easily.